Monday, October 12, 2009

Mike "Bishop" Swalley moves to the Lone Star State.Dallas, Texas


"As of August 17th, 2009 I am no longer living in California but have packed my bags (and there were a few!), and moved to Dallas, TX. Being led by God to go back to school, getting more equipped for the ministry I feel called too, the doors were opened to go to Dallas Theological Seminary. I will be getting a Masters of Theology (ThM) degree in Discipleship and Evangelism. This is a four year degree and I expect to use all four and maybe then some. The question I anticipate is, “What will happen to Break Free?” Good question.

The vision for Break Free that God is putting on both Josh’s and my heart is one of expansion and reaching all nations with the Gospel. This has been done by His providence in California by ministering to multiple international bboys. But with the start of bible studies and more intimate discipleship, we now want to see these bible studies in more places. My move to Dallas will be the start of this expansion. Josh will continue to head up Break Free Southern California. He will continue to do outreaches, street ministry, and discipleship through bible studies and one on one interactions.

While going to school, I will start Break Free in Dallas. The vision is similar to what God is already doing in CA, with the goal of Break Free Dallas up and running on its own when I is done with school. Either myself or someone in Dallas can expand it to another city. Much like planting churches, we have a desire to plant Break Free bible studies, outreach ministries and discipleship groups all over the world.

As I am writing this, I have just finished my second day of classes at DTS. One main thing impressed on me by Howard Hendricks, the professor of my Bible Study Methods class, is that he wants us to be able to teach others how to study the bible and ultimately make disciples. I can’t tell you how excited I am to be here. Break Free is not over. It is actually just taking a step toward the vision God has placed on our hearts."




Bishop

1 comment:

Break Free Ministry said...

We were sad to see you leave, but excited to see what the Lord is going to do!! I knew Josh missed you when he started talking about your hair style and eye color :)
-Krista